If you don’t find the answers you need, or have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 646-535-CENT.
- How do I sign up for MuCash?
- How long do I have access to purchased content?
- What will be done with my personal data?
- What forms of payment does MuCash accept?
- What fees does MuCash charge?
- If MuCash doesn’t charge fees how does it make money?
- Why micropayments?
- Yes, but why would I want donations of just a few cents?
- Do I have to put all my posts behind a paywall?
- Do I need a credit card merchant account?
- How do I get paid?
- What fees does MuCash charge?
- What is the commission rate?
- Are any discounts available?
- Who is behind MuCash?
1. How do I sign up for MuCash?
You can sign up for MuCash here.
2. How long do I have access to purchased content?
The length of access is determined by the content owner and is part of the terms of purchase. You can find this information on the confirmation screen or in your account history.
3. What will you do with my personal information?
4. What forms of payment does MuCash accept?
MuCash currently allows you to load your account with any major credit card. In the future, other ways to load your account will be added.
5. What fees does MuCash charge for use of its service?
Purchasers are not charged any fees to load money into an account or to purchase items.
6. If MuCash doesn’t charge me fees, how does it make a profit?
MuCash takes a modest commission from vendors for the use of its payment platform.
1. Why micropayments?
Creating quality content takes effort, and we believe that the people who create value should get fairly rewarded, whether through voluntary donations or direct purchases. Subscriptions are one way for readers to directly purchase your content, but lock out most casual users because they may only be interested in one article. A single ten cent purchase can easily exceed the avertising revenue generated by hundreds of page views.
Our mission is to allow writers to focus on doing what they do best: writing, researching, and creating quality content.
2. Yes, but why would I want donations of just a few cents?
Most people can’t afford to leave several dollars every time they enjoy a post you created, or want to show appreciation. All too often they’ll plan on leaving a donation “later”. MuCash enables transactions as small as a penny, so they truly can reward the author every time they find something they like without putting it off or thinking too hard about it. Leaving donations associated with comments or posts also increases your readers engagement in your site and provides you valuable data about what your readers like.
3. Do I have to put all my posts behind a paywall?
No, you set prices individually on articles. For example, you could keep the bulk of your posts free but only charge for a few feature articles. Alternatively, you can opt to keep all your content free and only use the donation feature.
4. Do I need a credit card merchant account?
No, we handle all credit card transactions with end users. When they sign up, they will be prompted to purchase credits using a credit card. They can use purchased credits across all MuCash-enabled websites.
5. How do I get paid?
We will transfer money into a checking account of your choosing once a month. You can specify your banking details on the settings page of your account on MuCash.com. For more details, including our commission rates, please see the full terms and conditions on our website, and shown during the sign up process.
6. What fees does MuCash charge?
The only fee we charge is a percentage on transactions. There is no flat per-transaction fee, monthly or setup fee or minimum monthly commission. We only ever make money when you do.
7. What is the commission rate?
The standard commission rate is 30%.
8. Are any discounts available?
We offer several kinds of discounts. All non-profit organizations recognized by the US IRS a qualified tax-exempt organization are eligible for a steeply discounted commission rate of 7.5%. Unfortunately we still have to pay the credit card companies, so we are unable to waive our fees entirely, but we consider 7.5% to be the minimum needed to cover our costs.
We also offer discounts to websites with significant levels of traffic, as well as marketplaces and other situations where you must pay a competitive royalty rate to your affiliates. If any of these situations apply to you, please contact us.
9. Who is behind MuCash?
MuCash is founded by Vinay Pai, and Ben Oaks. You can read more about us here.